Welcome to the 28th Annual Friends Campaign!
Every day, we hear their story. People in our community are hurting right now. They feel alone, isolated, afraid. They’ve experienced untold violence and trauma. They feel that nobody cares for them, that they don’t have any more options, and they will never get the help they need – until they make that connection to someone at the Crisis Center. We know that just one conversation can change someone’s entire day, setting them on a new course, bringing hope and healing for even the deepest wounds.
We also know that the darkest hour may happen at any time, which means we will never turn a person in need of help away. We’re here 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. We can only do this because people like you make this possible.
The Crisis Center is committed to being there when there’s nowhere else to turn. Through Crisis Intervention & Prevention Services, Sexual Assault Support Services and Mental Health Services, we help those facing a personal crisis find the path to hope and healing. For the Crisis Center, being a Friend means helping to connect those in need with the services that will help them move forward. You can be that Friend by committing $75 to the Crisis Center today. Your $75 could mean the difference between hope and hopelessness to someone who is facing the worst moment of his or her life.
Thank you for being someone we can turn to in our hour of need. Your support means everything to the Crisis Center. We look forward to all the great work we can do together. CLICK HERE to become our friend and start helping an individual in crisis right now.
If you're one of the first 1000 Friends to donate $75 to this campaign, you can be entered to win one of four fabulous prizes, including a 2016 Mazda Miata MX-5! We only take *1000 entries for these prizes, which means your chance of winning is pretty great! To enter, simply check the box that lets us know you'd like a chance.
Make a difference in someone’s life by donating to the Crisis Center.
It is through the generous contributions of caring individuals that the work of the Crisis Center is able to continue.
Donations may be made in the following ways:
- CLICK HERE to make a donation by credit card.
- Give via check or money order, made payable to the Crisis Center and mailed to:
3600 8th Avenue South
Birmingham, AL 35222
- Make a stock donation by contacting Blake Martin, either at (205) 458-8990 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a specific wish for your gift, please let us know!
- $10 pays for a 'field trip' for a mental health consumer at Piper Place.
- $30 pays for an entire outfit (shirt, pants, undergarments) for a survivor of sexual violence who has given their clothes as evidence.
- $50 pays to get a survivor home after an exam at our Rape Response/SANE (Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner) facility.
- $80 will pay for a month of text messaging services for the Kids Help Line and Teen Link programs.
- $100 covers the cost of Crisis and Suicide Line training manuals for one whole class.
- $150 pays for Birthday and Holiday cards that are sent out to the Senior Talk Line consumers monthly.
- $200 covers the cost of a curriculum for the Kids Help Line and Teen Link program community education and prevention efforts.
- $240 pays for 6 individual counseling sessions for a survivor of sexual violence.
- $500 covers the cost of transporting mental health consumers to Piper Place.
- $1000 covers one year of counseling through our Survivors of Suicide support group.
Memorial Gifts can be made in the name of a person lost to suicide. Family and friends often find comfort in remembering loved ones with a donation in their memory. The generosity of survivors provides support for our work, while offering a sense of comfort that the legacy of their loved one will help to prevent this tragedy from happening to others.
Memorial Gifts are also made in honor of a loved one affected by sexual violence, a victim of homicide, or in honor of a friend/family member who volunteered with the Crisis Center. We are happy to send a notice to an individual or to an individual’s family with the information about the donation made in their honor.
Want to give to the Crisis Center while you shop?
There are two ways you can do that!
1) Download the new mobile app Planet Fundraiser. Open the app, select the Crisis Center from the campaign list, find a merchant where you'd like to shop, take a picture of your receipt and tap "submit receipt!" It's as easy as that!
2) When shopping on Amazon, shop Amazon Smile! Simply follow the link to Amazon Smile, select the Crisis Center from the list, and whenever you shop, you'll be giving back to us!
If you have any questions concerning donations, please contact our Director of Development & Communications at (205) 458-8995.
Crisis Center, Inc. is a private, non-profit 501-c corporation that receives operating funds from several sources. Since 1973, the agency has been a member of the United Way of Central Alabama, which provides approximately 25 percent of the Crisis Center’s annual expenses. The agency is also funded by several grants and various fundraising events.