- If I call, who will talk to me?
- Our 24-hour hotline is answered by trained staff of the Crisis Center and Rape Response program. With each call, the needs of the caller are assessed and appropriate referrals are made.
- Why should I call Rape Response instead of just going to an emergency room?
- We are specially trained to handle sexual assault cases, where emergency rooms cover a wide variety of cases and will refer a client back to our facility if they do not have physical injury. Our Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner facility offers exams 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Can I use the services of Rape Response long after a rape occurred?
- Yes, some survivors of sexual violence go months or years without reporting their rape or seeking medical attention. Individuals often contact Rape Response when they decide to seek help in dealing with their assault.
Funding for this project provided by DOJ, ADECA/LETS 15-VA-SA-015, SASP 14-SA-VS-001, ADPH, The United Way of Central Alabama and The Junior League of Birmingham.