Sexual Assault Support Services
If you need help, please call our 24-Hour Hotline: 205-323-7273
According to the Department of Justice,
- In the U.S., one in three women and one in six men experienced some form of contact sexual violence in their lifetime. That is why we’re here- to help survivors of sexual violence and their loved ones heal from this terrible crime. No matter when it happened to you or your loved one, the Crisis Center offers help through our Rape Response and Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (S.A.N.E.) Programs. This includes:
- Free and confidential crisis counseling 24 hours a day
- Prevention education programs to schools, civic organizations and other public groups
- Services for the victim’s family, friends, partners or spouses
- Information and referrals to other services in your area
Advocates are available to accompany survivors of sexual violence during the forensic examination at the SANE facility or the hospital, to the police station, and to court. Advocates provide objective, knowledgeable, and supportive intervention on behalf of the survivor, making sure that she/he has the necessary information about each system to make critical decisions. The advocate provides individual advocacy to the survivor to ensure that her/his rights are upheld.
You are not alone. We are here to help you.
Funding for this project provided by DOJ, ADECA/LETS 15-VA-SA-029, SASP 15-SA-VS-001, ADPH, The United Way of Central Alabama and The Junior League of Birmingham.