Kid’s Help Line
Introducing: Text Services on Kids' Help Line.
You may now text us at 205-328-5465. Text counseling is available from 3 pm – 10 pm every single day. Text us about anything at all. We’re ready to talk!
- What is the Kids' Help Line?
- The Kids’ Help Line is a phone and text hotline for kids ages 6-12. The KHL gives the children of Central Alabama another source of support and help when faced with challenging issues and uncertainty.
- What is the cost?
- It is FREE! But, if it’s long distance for you to call Birmingham, the phone company will charge you long distance fees. If you’re not sure, ask an adult before you call or text us!
- When can I call?
- ANY day between 3:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m. If no one picks up, we might be really busy, so just try us again in a little while. We want to talk to you!!
- What can we talk about?
- ANYTHING!! You don’t even have to have a problem to call us. You can just call to talk. We also love happy calls and good news, so share with us!! If it’s important to you, it’s important to us! We may not have all the answers or solutions, but we are here to listen. Some examples of things to call about are:
- School Problems
- Peer Pressure
- Sad Things
- Scary Things
- A N Y T H I N G ! !
- How often can I text or call?
- Text or call as often as you want, but try to limit your calls to 2 or 3 times a day unless there is a serious problem or you are having homework difficulties– that way we can talk to everyone who tries to reach us.
- Why would I want to text or call?
- When you are faced with a problem or are upset or sad, talking about it helps. Sometimes it’s easier to talk to someone you don’t know and who can’t see you. We won't take sides and we won't laugh at you. We won't tell others.
- Who answers the texts and calls?
- We’re all trained crisis counselors, which means we know how to help you with your problems– and we know how to LISTEN. We are volunteers, which means we do this job for free – that’s how much we want to help you and hear what you have to say.
- Who can I call if I have questions?
- If you have more questions about Kid’s Help Line, please contact the Kids' Help Line Coordinator at (205) 458-8993.