Make a difference in someone’s life by donating to the Crisis Center.
It is through the generous contributions of caring individuals that the work of the Crisis Center is able to continue.
Donations may be made in the following ways:
- CLICK HERE to make a donation by credit card.
- Give via check or money order, made payable to the Crisis Center and mailed to:
3600 8th Avenue South
Birmingham, AL 35222
- Make a stock donation by contacting Blake Martin at (205) 458-8990 or email@example.com
If you have a specific wish for your gift, please let us know!
- $10 pays for a 'field trip' for a mental health consumer at Piper Place.
- $30 pays for an entire outfit (shirt, pants, undergarments) for a survivor of sexual violence who has given their clothes as evidence.
- $50 pays to get a survivor home after an exam at our Rape Response/SANE (Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner) facility.
- $80 will pay for a month of text messaging services for the Kids Help Line and Teen Link programs.
- $100 covers the cost of Crisis and Suicide Line training manuals for one whole class.
- $150 pays for Birthday and Holiday cards that are sent out to the Senior Talk Line consumers monthly.
- $200 covers the cost of a curriculum for the Kids Help Line and Teen Link program community education and prevention efforts.
- $240 pays for 6 individual counseling sessions for a survivor of sexual violence.
- $500 covers the cost of transporting mental health consumers to Piper Place.
- $1000 covers one year of counseling through our Survivors of Suicide support group.
Memorial Gifts can be made in the name of a person lost to suicide. Family and friends often find comfort in remembering loved ones with a donation in their memory. The generosity of survivors provides support for our work, while offering a sense of comfort that the legacy of their loved one will help to prevent this tragedy from happening to others.
Memorial Gifts are also made in honor of a loved one affected by sexual violence, a victim of homicide, or in honor of a friend/family member who volunteered with the Crisis Center. We are happy to send a notice to an individual or to an individual’s family with the information about the donation made in their honor.
Want to give to the Crisis Center while you shop?
There are two ways you can do that!
1) Download the new mobile app Planet Fundraiser. Open the app, select the Crisis Center from the campaign list, find a merchant where you'd like to shop, take a picture of your receipt and tap "submit receipt!" It's as easy as that!
2) When shopping on Amazon, shop Amazon Smile! Simply follow the link to Amazon Smile, select the Crisis Center from the list, and whenever you shop, you'll be giving back to us!
If you have any questions concerning donations, please contact our Director of Development & Communications at (205) 458-8995.
Crisis Center, Inc. is a private, non-profit 501-c corporation that receives operating funds from several sources. Since 1973, the agency has been a member of the United Way of Central Alabama, which provides approximately 25 percent of the Crisis Center’s annual expenses. The agency is also funded by several grants and various fundraising events.